Wellness Opportunities Abound at Mayfair Village
We recognize that Seniors are wanting to live their lives well, doing the things they love, and staying active in a community that makes sure they have choices and support available to get everything they need to do just that. Our concept of wellness in senior living integrates all aspects of wellness, involving the whole person, and centers around the physical, social, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional. You’ll find that everything we do in our community is aimed at improving your mind, body, and spirit. We’re excited to inform you that as of October 1st we are redefining wellness in senior living by now offering On-Site Outpatient Therapy! We are proud to partner with the following healthcare organizations:
Senior Care Services now offers our residents, and outside readers, innovative physical, occupational, and speech therapy services daily, right here in our building! This is a great opportunity to help you live a more active, engaging, day-to-day lifestyle.
Their skilled team develops a comprehensive therapy plan designed specifically for you! Director Laura Brock, PT will be in clinic five days a week and is now scheduling appointments. Drop in to meet Director Laura Brock, PT, call +1 (859) 268-6891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
CAREtenders Home Health
For over 30 years, CAREtenders has been a valued member of our community, providing outstanding home health services to our residents, allowing them to retain their independence and age in place.
They offer the best experience possible, providing both Medicare-certified skilled nursing and rehabilitation services as well as non-medical in-home personal care and companionship programs. They are now working in partnership with Motion PT Group in providing high quality in-house comprehensive therapy services.
Lexington Clinic Veterans Park offers comprehensive, easily accessible care for you. We emphasize preventive care and education as the cornerstone of your healthcare, and when injury or illness strikes, we are here to restore your health.
We understand that it can be difficult to navigate appointments. Hence, we are happy to come see you in your home to make your health our priority, as Dr. Belcastro and Dr. Prendergast feel strongly in providing care where care is needed. Our at-home services include acute and chronic care, wellness visits, immunizations and blood pressure checks.
Please understand that the part of this service, you must qualify to see our providers in your residence. If you are interested, please call our office and speak to one of our staff members. We will be happy to work through this process and get you established with Lexington Clinic.
For more information, please call +1 (859) 272-1928.
About Lexington Clinic Providers
Marisa Belcastro, MD
Dr. Belcastro is board-certified by the American Academy of Family Physicians and specializes in family medicine. Dr. Belcastro cares for children and adults, with a special interest in adolescent care, women’s health and encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
Jordan M. Prendergast, DO
Dr. Prendergast is board-certified in family medicine. She provides services in general family medicine for adults and children and preventive medicine. Her professional interests include chronic disease management, geriatrics, women’s health and preventive medicine.
Through the diverse offerings of our activities department, we have even more opportunities for whole-body wellness than ever before! Look on the calendar for the following activities:
Chair Fitness Exercise Class
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday chair fitness class led by Jess. She has taught this class for the past 6 years, focusng on range of motion and cardio, weightlifting, stretches, and coordination.
SilverSneakers Fitness Programs
- Tuesday and Thursday SilverSneakers class led by Jennifer Nowlin. Designed to increase muscle strength, range of movement and improve activities for daily living. A chair is used for seated exercises and standing support and class can be modified depending on fitness levels.
- Tuesday and Thursday, Mindfulness of breath and movements are the main goals of this class. We remain seated, lights-off, calm music and essential oils flowing as we work through stretches and poses to enlighten the body and mind. The practice is finished with a meditation and relaxation.
- Friday - Create new neuropathways in your brain by practicing a challenging vocabulary game with friend. As a bonus, each correct answer donates grains of rice to UNICEF, we play until we reach 1000.
- Monday, Wdneday, and Friday meet with friends to walk the halls or outside. We strive to walk at least 30 minutes which increases our heart health and decreases the chance of a brain debilitating disease by 80%! Each month we conquer a new path in a local park.